LANCASTER, Pa., April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Advanced Cooling Technologies, Inc. (ACT) ( www.1-ACT.com ) announced today that its Constant Conductance Heat Pipes (CCHP's) have successfully reached over 1 million total hours on-orbit, providing thermal management on-board numerous satellites. Recent launches onboard Orbital Sciences Corporation-built (NYSE: ORB) Intelsat 23, Star One C3, Mexsat Bicentenario and Azerspace/Africasat-1a have pushed ACT's flight heritage over this significant milestone.
"This is a significant milestone for our CCHP flight heritage," says John Hartenstine, Manager of ACT's Aerospace Products Group. "We were excited with our first launch placing CCHPs into orbit in November, 2009. Since that time the Aerospace Products team has supplied over 400 heat pipes to the aerospace community for spacecraft integration, many of which are currently operating on-orbit."
ACT's Aerospace Products Group consists of personnel having diverse engineering and technical skills, making the group capable of solving some of the most demanding thermal management problems in spacecraft and aircraft. The group's customer-focused approach is driving rapid growth and allowing ACT to quickly become a trusted supplier of flight-quality products, advanced research and development, and thermal management consulting services for the aerospace industry. The group's satellite thermal control products include:
- CCHP, VCHP, LHP
- Build-to-print, or custom designs
- Embedded and External Mount
- In-House and Custom Extrusions
- 2D and 3D Configurations
- Integration with Radiators
- Aerospace Qualified Soldered Assemblies
- Titanium Struts
The group also provides complete thermal and mechanical design and analysis services for spacecraft Thermal Control Systems.About ACTACT specializes in advanced thermal technology development and custom thermal product manufacturing. ACT designs and manufactures heat pipes, pumped liquid and two-phase loops and thermal storage devices for customers in aerospace, electronics, temperature calibration, HVAC, and government R&D sectors. ACT's team consists of personnel with established track records in technology development, commercialization and production. Many of them were involved in pioneering work on heat pipes, loop heat pipes and other two-phase heat transfer devices across applications from terrestrial to spacecraft thermal control. They are the inventors/co-inventors on numerous U.S. and international patents and the authors/co-authors of numerous scientific publications.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV