Fifteen Pioneering Inventors Nominated For European Inventor Award
MUNICH, April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- European Patent Office honours ground-breaking inventions in medical technology, pharmaceuticals, optics, steel production, electronics, computers and LCD technology
- EPO President Benoît Battistelli: " Europe continues to be a world leader in innovation"
- Five winners will be announced on 28 May in Amsterdam
- Public invited to cast its vote for a Popular Prize
Fifteen scientists and engineers have been nominated for the European Inventor Award 2013 for their contributions to technological, social and economic progress. The award is presented annually by the European Patent Office (EPO) to outstanding inventors in five categories. For the first time, the public are also invited to cast their vote to select the winner of the Popular Prize from among the 15 finalists. The 2013 winners in all categories will be announced at a ceremony in Amsterdam on 28 May in the presence of Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands.
This year's nominees cover the fields of medical technology, pharmaceuticals, optics, metallurgy, electronics, computers and LCD technology. They originate from nine European and two non-European countries. The 15 finalists were selected by a prominent international jury from 160 inventors and teams originally put forward."These cutting-edge inventions show that Europe continues to be a world leader in innovation in all areas of technology from engineering to medicine to computers," said EPO President Benoît Battistelli. "All of this year's nominated inventors have not only come up with major scientific and technological advances, but they have contributed to improving health and standard of living, and created jobs and economic wealth. All of the inventions are protected by a European patent, which has helped get many of them off the ground." Nominees by category  Industry
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts