Cramer: The Bears' Reign Seems to Be Ending
Now, all of those points may seem fanciful to the bears. But something else has happened here. The bears aren't in control of the agenda right now. They have cost people too much money. The 13-year reign of the bears seems to be winding down, going out in a blaze of their last gibberish, risk-on glory. It was never risk-on/risk-off. It was bearish or bullish. Nothing ever changes. Except the labels. Right now the label says, "Warning: Being bearish may be hazardous for your health," because you can't catch up to the averages.
Oh, they aren't done. They want missiles to go off in North Korea -- which, of course, would just cause North Korea to fold and create a hugely profitable South Korea. They want a run in Slovenia. They want the president to attack the rich somehow, and be potent in his destructive force. They want shortfalls galore and have indices that show they will happen. They want chaos in the streets and mayhem. All I can say is that they'd better hire some actors real quick and not use those same people you used to line up at banks in Cyprus. They didn't scare anybody.
Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, has no positions in the stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV