MILWAUKEE, April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Protecting gas engines from ethanol fuel blends is more important than ever according to the engine experts at Briggs & Stratton Corporation (NYSE: BGG) who have developed a super-concentrated fuel treatment and stabilizer that treats more fuel and protects engines for up to three years.
A single 16-ounce bottle of Briggs & Stratton's Advanced Formula Fuel Treatment and Stabilizer now treats up to 80 gallons of gasoline, providing an easy and inexpensive way to protect gas engines from the potentially damaging effects of ethanol blended fuels. Ethanol is now blended into more than 95 percent of the nation's gasoline supply, according to the Renewable Fuels Association, making it nearly impossible to avoid.Briggs & Stratton, which has manufactured gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment for more than 100 years, understands the importance of protecting engines from these blended fuels. "It's critical to look for products developed by companies that truly know engines —and that have the engineering expertise to understand how best to protect them," states Carissa Gingras, marketing director, consumer engines and service. "Additionally, owners should feel confident that the product they choose has been thoroughly tested, offers maximum protection, and stabilizes fuel for more than a year after opening and that's what our product does." The product can be used in any gas engine, including 2-cycle engines such as those on string trimmers and chain saws which run on a gasoline/oil blend. It's especially important to use the product in equipment that is used intermittently or infrequently, including lawn mowers, generators, pressure washers, chipper shredders, outboard motors and recreational vehicles. "Ethanol-based fuels are particularly damaging because they attract moisture which eventually separates from the fuel, forming a layer of ethanol-enriched water at the bottom of the tank where it does its damage," says Eric Risse, fuel systems engineer at Briggs & Stratton. Briggs & Stratton Advanced Formula Fuel Treatment & Stabilizer combines a "triple antioxidant" formula with additional ingredients to protect the entire fuel system:
- Corrosion inhibitors that form a protective barrier on metal parts to prevent rust and corrosion
- Detergent ingredients which help prevent gum and varnish build-up on engine parts.
- A metal deactivator to stop the aggressive chemical reactions caused by dissolved metal ions in the fuel.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV