TORONTO, April 10, 2013 /CNW/ - Softchoice Corporation (TSX: SO), a leading North American Solutions and Services provider, is honored to be named a Best Large Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work® Institute. This marks the eighth straight year the company has received this prestigious award. Organizations that make the list are recognized for creating and maintaining superior work environments built on trust and are chosen based primarily on employee feedback.
"We are committed to unleashing the potential of our people because it is our people who delight our customers and make Softchoice a truly great company," said David MacDonald, President and CEO of Softchoice. "We think it is vital employees feel a sense of belonging and fulfillment, which is why we focus on promoting from within, and providing development programs that nurture well-rounded future leaders."
Growing and developing its own talent is a core focus, especially in light of the company's continued growth and expansion. In 2012, Softchoice's efforts in this area resulted in 183 internal promotions, four of which were to vice president level positions in sales, services, finance and IT. These results are a product of the company's growing solutions and services business as well as a holistic approach to employee development. In addition to extensive onboarding for new employees, to create well-rounded leaders, Softchoice offers numerous leadership training programs and the opportunity to participate in employee-led philanthropic activities, like Softchoice Cares.
"In a year when we have accomplished so many great things, that is an achievement that I value greatly," added Mr. MacDonald. "Being named a Best Workplace for the eighth year in a row only serves to strengthen my belief in the remarkable people we have at this company and our extraordinary future potential."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV