New Fast Way To Eat Healthy: 'Clean Eating' Slow Cooker Plan From EMeals
BIRMINGHAM, Ala., April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- It's 6 pm, you've raced home from work, and you don't have time to cook healthy: sound familiar? Instead of gritting your teeth and pulling out a frozen pizza, you can now get a good-for-you, made-from-scratch dinner on the table in a flash with the new Slow Cooker Clean Eating Plan from online meal planning service eMeals. Every week, you'll get five 'clean' and creative slow cooker recipes, two quick and inventive meals built on your slow cooking leftovers, and a combined grocery list delivered to your smartphone or computer email inbox or personal eMeals page.
The payoff: variety, new ideas, pre-planned menus, once-a-week shopping, the time-saving benefits of slow cooking, and less "when do we eat?" whining from the peanut gallery.
Available in both two-person and family plans as well as a Slow Cooker Classic program for as little as $5/month, the Slow Cooker program joins 50 other meal plans from eMeals ranging from traditional to vegetarian, low fat, low carb, portion control, gluten-free, paleo and more. The two Slow Cooker offerings are:
- Slow Cooker Clean Eating, with recipes featuring fresh meats, produce and seasonal items with limited processed foods. The week's menu might include Pork Tacos with Cilantro Lime Slaw, Lemon Chicken Thighs with Olives accompanied by seared green beans with pecans, or Chicken and Broccoli Pasta Toss with a simple spinach salad.
- Slow Cooker Classic, with traditional comfort meals adapted and updated for slow cooking. Choices for the week might include Beefy Manicotti with a side of Basil Zucchini, Root Beer Braised Beef accompanied by Creamy Grits and Green Peas, or Pork and Pinto Beans with Jalapeno Cornbread to perk up the tastebuds.
Both versions save time as well as money, thanks to eMeals' budget-conscious planning process. Savings stem from "cook once, eat twice" strategies (cook a pot roast for one meal, and use the leftover meat in tacos the next day), reuse of select ingredients like carrots during the week so you aren't wasting money on a lot of ingredients that will go to waste, advance planning that avoids impulse and extra purchases that lead to overspending, and coordination of menus with sales and seasonal specials at grocery stores like ALDI, Kroger, Publix, Safeway, Target, Walmart and Whole Foods.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV