Online Courses Address Latest Healthcare Compliance Regulations
JERICHO, N.Y., April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- HCCS (Health Care Compliance Strategies, Inc.), the leading provider of online healthcare compliance and competency training, today announced the release of three newly updated online multimedia compliance courses. The updated courses are Corporate Compliance, Professional Compliance and HIPAA Compliance.
The updated courses reflect changes in critical compliance regulations that all staff and administrators at healthcare facilities must understand. All HCCS clients receive regular updates to HCCS training courses whenever rules, regulations, legal rulings, documents or other information becomes available that impacts course content.
The HCCS Professional Compliance course educates physicians, billing staff and other employees on topics which include fraud awareness, coding and documentation, teaching physician rules and referral guidelines. The Corporate Compliance course teaches hospital staff about fraud awareness, compliance risk areas, elements of a compliance program, documentation and hospital coding, billing and reimbursement, illegal provider relationships, patient care risk areas, and other risk areas. The HIPAA Compliance course educates on areas such as HIPAA awareness, privacy, security, the Omnibus rule, and the enforcement rule.HCCS online compliance training courses are designed to change staff behavior utilizing adult learning principles. Courses include real-life video scenarios, narration and interactive exercises to engage learners and increase retention. Updated topics in these courses include:
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) provisions
- Omnibus Rule requirements, including those for Business Associates and subcontractors
- Information on the Value-Based Purchasing Program
- Access to the 2013 OIG Work Plan
- Overview of current Accountable Care Organization (ACO) initiatives
- Information on the implementation of the ICD-10-CM system
- Health Care Fraud Prevention and Enforcement Action Team (HEAT) initiatives
- Information on the Physician Quality Reporting System
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts