Syncrude President And CEO To Chair The Canadian Chamber's New Human Resources Policy Committee
OTTAWA, April 10, 2013 /CNW/ - Perrin Beatty, President and CEO of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce, is pleased to announce that Scott Sullivan, President and Chief Executive Officer of Syncrude Canada Ltd., will Chair the new Human Resources Policy Committee of the Canadian Chamber.
"There is hardly a more urgent issue for Canadian business than skills and human resources," said Mr. Beatty. "The Canadian Chamber has been front and centre on the skills shortages that are threatening Canada's economic growth and competitiveness. By lending his name and talents to our new committee, Mr. Sullivan brings significant credibility to our efforts to confront this issue."
Mr. Sullivan oversees the operations of Syncrude, which has more than 5,000 employees and is one of Canada's largest producers of crude oil from the Alberta oil sands. Mr. Sullivan joined Syncrude in July 2012, and brought 32 years of experience from working in executive, managerial and technical roles for a global energy company.
Canada needs highly skilled people who can meet the challenges of businesses with complex needs," said Mr. Sullivan. "I hope this committee will find ways to enable Canadians to take advantage of the job opportunities available across the country, including the oil sands."
"With a CEO like Scott Sullivan at the helm of the new committee, the Canadian Chamber is signalling its ongoing leadership and commitment to addressing this critical business challenge," said Mr. Beatty. He added: "We are also pleased to announce that Ralph Shedletsky will be the Vice Chair of the committee. Ralph currently serves as Chief Customer Officer at Knightsbridge Human Capital Solutions."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV