WARREN, N.J., April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ANADIGICS, Inc. (Nasdaq: ANAD), a world leader in radio frequency (RF) solutions, today announced that its AWL9581 front-end integrated circuit (FEIC) is used in Murata's latest WiFi module, which is now in mass production in support of high-volume smartphones equipped with 802.11ac WiFi technology. Murata's new WiFi module is optimized for mobile applications by providing complete high-performance WiFi connectivity in an incredibly compact package.
To meet the increasing demand for high-performance WiFi functionality, the wireless mobile device industry is rapidly transitioning to the new IEEE 802.11ac standard. According to Strategy Analytics, 802.11ac will lead WiFi handset sales by 2016. In support of these trends, ANADIGICS' AWL9581 delivers exceptional performance and integration to enable 802.11ac mobile devices with longer battery-life, greater range, and higher data throughput, while minimizing space requirements.
"ANADIGICS is extremely pleased to be supporting Murata in high-volume production with our most sophisticated 5 GHz front-end IC," said Dave Cresci, vice president of WiFi Products at ANADIGICS. "The AWL9581 combines a power amplifier, low noise amplifier, and RF switch in a compact, low-profile package. It is a perfect fit for applications that demand highly-integrated, high-performance front-end functionality that is easy to use. With outstanding linearity and noise figure performance, our new 802.11ac FEICs enable maximum throughput and range in mobile devices for an enhanced user experience."ANADIGICS' WiFi FEICs provide an industry-leading combination of integration, efficiency, and linearity to accelerate time to market, increase battery life, and maximize throughput for mobile devices, such as smartphones, tablets, netbooks, notebooks, and gaming systems. These FEICs use the Company's exclusive InGaP- Plus™ technology and patented design architectures to combine a power amplifier (PA), low-noise amplifier (LNA), and RF switch on a single die. This level of integration reduces valuable PCB space requirements and simplifies RF front-end design. ANADIGICS' WiFi FEICs also deliver exceptional error vector magnitude (EVM) and noise figure performance, which enables ultra-high data throughput and connectivity over greater range. ANADIGICS AWL9581 FEIC Key Facts and Highlights:
- Industry-leading integration of the 5 GHz PA, LNA, and Tx/Rx switch to simplify RF design and reduce time-to-market
- Compact 2.5 mm x 2.5 mm x 0.4 mm QFN package with a high-accuracy, integrated power detector, and RF ports internally matched to 50 Ohms to reduce PCB space requirements
- Best-in-class power efficiency to maximize battery-life in mobile devices
- Ultra-low EVM in the toughest 802.11ac modulation formats, enabling extremely high transmission data rates
- ANADIGICS LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Photos: http://www.flickr.com/anadigics_inc
- ANADIGICS Video: http://www.youtube.com/anadigics