New Research Report Reveals Corporate Social Responsibility Trends In Mid-sized Companies
ANAHEIM, Calif., April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Business4Better (B4B), the non-commercial community partnership movement produced by UBM plc, released a research report on Tuesday that defines major trends in the way mid-sized companies approach corporate social responsibility (CSR), including plans for community engagement, employee volunteerism and metrics of success. It explores both challenges and opportunities that mid-sized companies regularly face in implementing their CSR programs.
"Most mid-size companies have a business-with-a-purpose mindset," said Joshua Dome, general manager of Business4Better. "We conducted this research to understand the gaps and opportunities, with the ultimate goal of creating action plans for executives trying to infuse social good as part of the way they do business."The Business4Better research report reveals mid-sized companies' desires to help people and nonprofits in their local communities through programs that simultaneously increase business performance, drive employee participation and improve brand reputation. Business4Better's research report is based on findings produced by a first-of-its-kind survey of 173 business executives from mid-sized companies that employ between 100 and 5,000 employees. The full research report can be downloaded at http://www.business4better.org/csr-survey-results, and highlights include:
- Two-thirds of mid-sized companies are seeking to either enhance or establish their CSR programs to do business with a purpose.
- About 60 percent of mid-sized companies focus their CSR efforts on education, demonstrating companies' dedication to people-focused initiatives that cater to young people and the development of the workforce of the future.
- Mid-sized companies need tools to measure success and often miss opportunities to tie CSR programs to positive business performance. Only about 20 percent measure their CSR program's success by its financial impact.
- Companies' community involvement is championed from the top; half of mid-sized companies' CSR efforts are led by the executive leadership team.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV