LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill., April 10, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Zebra Technologies Corporation (Nasdaq:ZBRA), a recognized global leader in solutions that extend real-time visibility into business operations, announced its participation in the international security conference and expo, ISC West, April 10-12, 2013, in Las Vegas, NV. As a leader in safety and security applications, Zebra will showcase the latest in card printer solutions with a focus on the recently launched ZXP Series 7™, the newest printer addition to the ZXP portfolio that offers premium performance, productivity and cost efficiency. "ISC West is a great opportunity to connect with industry leaders to address the important issues that are facing security and how we can improve safety in today's business environment," said Dave Coons, VP of card engineering, Zebra Technologies. "Protecting the safety and security of people and assets is imperative and Zebra is proud to collaborate with software partners to address critical security needs." At the event, attendees will experience the ZXP Series 7, which is ideal for settings that require high quality, secure card printing, such as government and enterprises, and high-volume applications including education and service bureaus. The card printer supports numerous encoding and connectivity options, along with single or dual-sided lamination for extra security or durability while providing fast throughput at low cost per card. With the announcement of the newest card printer, Zebra outlines four tips for security professionals to consider when creating best-in-class identification cards:
- Use unique graphic identifiers - Adding different graphics to cards to distinguish access permissions, such as only the red-bordered cardholders get access to an area, help to easily differentiate security levels.
- Consider over-laminate film - The inner surface of the laminate can be preprinted with OVI ink or UV-visible ink in one, two or three colors. In addition, today's high-tech printers can also laminate with holographic metallization, including embossed micro-text.
- Don't forget about micro-printing - Very fine text, with deliberate random font changes and misspellings, can be added to a card design to add an additional level of security.
- Implement card serialization - Printers with magnetic stripe encoder, proximity encoder or smart card contact options can be set up to function only with serial numbered card stock and also to add serial numbers to the data recorded by ID/Log.
In addition to spotlighting the ZXP Series 7 at the event, Zebra will be featuring many solutions that support high security programs, such as the ZXP Series 8™ retransfer printer with laminator, the P330i™ card printer with UHF Gen 2 RFID encoder, QuikCard ID Solution™ Kits as well as the HC100™ wristband printer and RW420™ mobile printer for e-citations. Together with Zebra's new Virtual PrintWare™ and genuine, eco-friendly supplies, these solutions enable end users to gain more visibility to protect their people, assets and facilities. Zebra will be at booth # 11113 at ISC West at the Sands Expo & Convention Center in Las Vegas April 10-12. About Zebra Technologies
A global leader respected for innovation and reliability, Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA) offers technologies that give a virtual voice to an organization's assets, people and transactions, enabling organizations to unlock greater business value. The company's extensive portfolio of marking and printing technologies, including RFID and real-time location solutions, illuminates mission-critical information to help customers take smarter business actions. For more information about Zebra's solutions, visit http://www.zebra.com . Zebra has more than 25 years of proven industry leadership in mission-critical printing. Zebra card printers offer a broad range of connectivity options, industry-leading drivers and management tools for simplified integration and fast application deployment. More information about Zebra ZXP Series 7 is available at www.zebra.com/zxpseries7 . Zebra's full white paper, "Understanding Technologies for Creating High-Security ID Cards" is available at http://bit.ly/14zSKi3 .
CONTACT: Stephanie Kneisler Zebra Technologies Corporation PR Manager o: 847-793-2606 m: 847-970-2470 firstname.lastname@example.org
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts