Novocure Presents Preclinical Data At The American Association For Cancer Research (AACR)
WASHINGTON, April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Novocure announced today that new data from preclinical testing of NovoTTF Therapy in non-small cell lung carcinoma (NSCLC), ovarian and pancreatic cancer have been presented at the 2013 AACR Annual Meeting. The new data builds on existing published research describing the potential efficacy of NovoTTF Therapy in a wide range of solid tumors.
"The results presented at the AACR Annual Meeting demonstrate that NovoTTF Therapy inhibits the growth of squamous histology non-small cell lung cancer as well as pancreatic and ovarian cancers in preclinical models," said Eilon Kirson, M.D., Ph.D., Novocure's Chief Science Officer and Head of Research and Development. "We intend to build on this research through clinical trials evaluating the efficacy of NovoTTF Therapy in these indications when delivered in combination with chemotherapy."
AACR Annual Meeting 2013 Abstracts
- Giladi et al, Development of an orthotopic squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) lung cancer model. Data were presented describing a new in vivo model to test the efficacy of anti-neoplastic treatments in SCC lung cancer. Abstract #340.
- Giladi et al, NovoTTF Therapy inhibited the growth of pancreatic and ovarian cancer in vitro. Additionally, the data supports a conclusion that modulation of NovoTTF Therapy frequency may overcome treatment resistance. Abstract #5569.
About NovoTTF TherapyNovoTTF Therapy is delivered by portable, non-invasive medical devices designed for continuous use throughout the day by the patient. NovoTTF Therapy has been shown in in vitro and in vivo studies to slow and reverse tumor growth by inhibiting mitosis, the process by which cells divide and replicate. The delivery systems weigh about six pounds and create a low intensity, alternating electric field within the tumor that exerts physical forces on electrically charged cellular components, preventing the normal mitotic process and causing cancer cell death prior to division. The NovoTTF-100A System is not approved in the US for any indications except for recurrent glioblastoma brain tumors. The safety and effectiveness of NovoTTF Therapy in lung, pancreas and ovarian cancers has not been established.About Novocure™Novocure Limited is a private Jersey Isle oncology company pioneering a novel therapy for solid tumors. Novocure's US operations are based in New York, NY and Portsmouth, NH and the company's research center is located in Haifa, Israel. For additional information about the company, please visit www.novocure.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV