LKA Records Second Consecutive Profitable Year For Golden Wonder Mine Operations
GIG HARBOR, Wash., April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- LKA International, Inc. (OTCQB:LKAID) (temporary) announced today that for the second consecutive year its exploration program at the Company's Golden Wonder mine was profitable. Gold ore sales exceeded $1.72 million in 2012, which more than doubled 2011 ore sales of $851,561. Project profits were $542,532 in 2012 vs. 219,625 in 2011. As previously announced, the average grade of ore sold was 1.55 ounces (43.9 grams) gold per ton in 2012 vs. an average grade of 1.44 ounces (40.8 grams) in 2011.
Chairman Kye Abraham commented, "We're extremely pleased with our exploration progress at the Golden Wonder. Our operator, Coal Creek Construction, has done a remarkable job of advancing our knowledge of the mine and the deposit while controlling project costs. They're an invaluable component of the program's success."
For the Company as a whole, LKA recorded a net loss of $2.71 million, which was mostly attributed to one-time charges of $2.34 million associated with debt restructuring. More detailed information about the Company's operations and financial condition may be found in the Company's 10-K filed as filed with the SEC on April 1, 2013 at: www.sec.gov or under the "Investors" tab "Public Filings" on the Company's website: www.lkagold.com .
About the Golden Wonder Exploration ProgramGold enriched vein material is extracted as part of an exploration program designed to determine the width, depth, and lateral extent of the Golden Wonder deposit. Following the Golden Wonder's highly enriched vein system employing exploratory drilling and mining strategies has proven the most effective and cost efficient means of locating commercial ore bodies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV