April 10, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Teradata Corporation (NYSE: TDC), the global leader in analytic data platforms, applications and services, today announced that one of its leading marketing executives has contracted with Wiley Publishing to author a new book about Data Driven Marketing. The book,
Big Data Marketing: Engage Your Customers More Effectively and Drive Value
, will provide CMOs, CEOs and their teams a definitive guide to the rapid transformation happening in marketing today and the role big data analytics plays in it. Lisa Arthur, a seasoned technology industry CMO who works and consults on Integrated Marketing Management (IMM) matters with C-level executives at many of the world's most influential brands, will author the book. Arthur is currently CMO with Teradata Applications, formerly Aprimo.
"The book will go beyond academic approaches and IT-speak to provide a strategic roadmap for C-suite executives and their teams to help them understand how digital technologies have disrupted business, why marketing processes have become so chaotic and what their organizations can do to untangle the mess, drive competitive advantage and ultimately, achieve top-line growth," Arthur explained. "In today's customer-centric marketing environment, knowing how to leverage big data insights to elevate customer experiences is absolutely vital for business success."
About the Book
Digital technologies are disrupting every industry, but today's C-suite executives can't respond because they're caught in a snarl of internal data silos and legacy marketing approaches. As a result, consumers have gained control and are losing patience, shareholders are clamoring for growth and differentiation, and marketers are left struggling to untangle the massive mess.
Big Data Marketing:
Engage Your Customers More Effectively and Drive Value
will provide a strategic roadmap for executives who want to clear the chaos so they can start driving competitive advantage and top-line growth. Using real-world examples, non-technical language, additional downloadable resources and a healthy dose of humor,
Big Data Marketing
will help readers discover:
- Why so many marketers have knots in their stomachs when they enter the board room
- The remedy offered by a scientific approach known as Data Driven Marketing
- How marketers can use data to learn what they need to know
- Strategies to drive marketing relevance and Return On Marketing Investment (ROMI)
- Approaches to managing marketing spend – a company's largest variable expenditure
- Proven ways to elevate customer experiences
- Insights and success stories from a wide range of marketing industry leaders
- New research leading the industry forward
In addition to its eleven power-packed instructional chapters,
Big Data Marketing
will also provide an Appendix of related resources, including:
- A four-point Plan on how to approach big data to gain insights fast
- An ROI calculator to help show the business benefits a data-driven approach delivers
- An infographic about the benefits of data-driven marketing
- A supplemental microsite connected to Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook with additional resources including analyst whitepapers, case studies, and reference materials.