OAKLAND, Calif., April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Dictionary.com ( www.dictionary.com), the preferred online and mobile dictionary for students of all ages, announces the newest versions of iPhone by Dictionary.com, and Android by Dictionary.com, the latest in its family of mobile apps which have been downloaded more than 70 million times. Android by Dictionary.com offers an unprecedented user experience with new functionality and frequently updated content, while iPhone by Dictionary.com lets users access 58,000 medical and science definitions, and translate words into French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, German, Russian, Japanese and Chinese.
iPhone by Dictionary.comiPhone by Dictionary.com offers a word discovery experience to anyone fascinated by science, as well as those seeking greater control over their healthcare. Complementing the web version as a context-based study tool that makes all of Dictionary.com's online science and medical content available 24/7 at any location, its premium features include:
- Access to 35,000 medical definitions and 23,000 science definitions and illustrations
- Ability to translate these terms into several languages for a cross-cultural understanding of meaning
"iPhone by Dictionary.com supports our national education goal to produce more scientists, medical professionals and engineers by making it easier to develop a science-based vocabulary," said David Wygant, Vice President, Product, Dictionary.com.
The most extensive dictionary available on the iPhone, the updated app allows users to:
- Translate words into French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, German, Russian, Japanese and Chinese (Traditional and Simplified)
- Adjust font size and light/dark themes for easy, personalized reading
- Access updated content that includes more than 2,000 new entries (including civil union, infotainment, profiling and senescent)
- Access information even more quickly with faster architecture
- Completely redesigned user interface
- Android action bar and Holo theme
- More than 2,000 new entries, including mankini, quantitative easing and prepone
- Ability to easily share favorite words through Facebook, Email and Google+