"TWAS sees these awards for early-career women scientists as extremely important," said Romain Murenzi, the Academy's executive director. "Not only do they recognize life-enhancing and life-saving research, but they send a message to younger generations of girls and women: We need you, and we need your best work, to address the great challenges that confront all people and all societies. We're honored to work with the Elsevier Foundation and OWSD to recognize this excellence in research."
"Partnering with TWAS and OWSD to pay tribute to women scientists in the developing world is an honor given their unique insights into conducting science in the Global South," said David Ruth, Executive Director of the Elsevier Foundation, "These awards have taught us a great deal about the challenges and dynamics faced by women scientists as they navigate their academic disciplines within their countries."
Notes for Editors
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV