9. -- Pier 1 Imports (PIR) earned 58 cents a share in the first-quarter; analysts were looking for earnings of 60 cents a share.
Pier 1 said sales in the quarter rose almost 16% to $551.6 million.
10. -- The Masters Tournament, one of the four major championships in professional golf, begins Thursday at Augusta National Golf Club in Georgia.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts