Steiman, who runs the Covestor Undervalued Opportunities portfolio, says Yahoo has an option to pull out of its search tie-up with Microsoft (MSFT). “If they do end up leaving, they could partner with Google (GOOG) or Facebook (FB),” according to Steiman. He also thinks there’s plenty of value in Yahoo’s Asian holding. As for Zillow, Steiman thinks the website is a big beneficiary of the current housing recovery.
More broadly, Steiman urges investors not to become too attached to individual stocks. “As a trader and investor, if you can continue to minimize the losses you will be better off,” advises Steiman. “Let the winners run and cut your losses. Don’t fall in love with each stock.”
Hear the interview, embedded below:
Covestor Ltd. is a registered investment advisor. Covestor licenses investment strategies from its Model Managers to establish investment models. The commentary here is provided as general and impersonal information and should not be construed as recommendations or advice. Information from Model Managers and third-party sources deemed to be reliable but not guaranteed. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Transaction histories for Covestor models available upon request. Additional important disclosures available at http://site.covestor.com/help/disclosures. For information about Covestor and its services, go to http://covestor.com or contact Covestor Client Services at (866) 825-3005, x703.Eric Steiman's contrarian case for Yahoo appeared first on Smarter Investing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV