Saxo Bank's Q2 Outlook: Continued Low Growth Will End Politicians' Free-Ride
HELLERUP, Denmark, April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Three months into 2013 and growth projections are already being lowered across the globe according to Saxo Bank, the multi-asset trading and investment specialist. The Bank writes in its TradingFloor.com Insights Q2 that the world is looking at a 2013 that is, from the outside, a mirror image of 2011 and 2012 but with a difference: The German election in September.
Low growth rates will increase the social and political tensions in Europe as seen by the recent bail-in/bail-out of Cyprus, in which everyone lost: the depositors, the Troika's credibility and any hope that the Eurozone has a real plan for dealing with this crisis in anything other than piecemeal fashion. The political consensus to buy time is running out as the policy makers increasingly will have to deal with intolerably high and rising unemployment and the lack of growth or reforms that will move economies forward.
The TradingFloor.com Insights Q2 features a comparison between the major Eurozone economies, the UK and the US, which reveals that the US ranked third behind Spain and Italy when it comes to reducing public sector spending last year. Meanwhile, the UK, France and Germany all saw increased public consumption - in that order.Despite the decline in public spending, the Bank expects moderate growth to continue in the US in 2013 to the tune of 2%, down from 2.1% last year, before accelerating to 3% in 2014. The US economy may not be exactly stellar, but at least moderate growth is on tap. The outlook is decidedly more downbeat across the Atlantic, where the Eurozone must resign itself to the fact that the recession is destined to continue.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV