New Data Correlates Social Engagement With Traditional Radio Ratings
SAN MATEO, Calif., April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Jelli ( http://www.jelli.com), the cloud platform for radio, released today new data that shows a direct correlation between an increase in social engagement with higher ratings for traditional radio broadcasts. In addition, the company provided data showing how socially-engaged listeners interact with traditional radio spots that were aired during these broadcasts.
Building upon recently published research by Nielsen about the correlation between Twitter engagement and television ratings, Jelli analyzed data over the past year related to audience engagement with radio, another massive traditional medium like television which is beginning to see a more active "feedback loop" during broadcasts.
During a 13 week period, Jelli measured weekly active registered users who were using Jelli's online or mobile app to vote to choose the music played during live broadcasts on five different radio stations based in four cities across the United States.The results were:
- Weekly social engagement for the sample stations increased 127%, and
- Ratings (i.e., weekly cume) for those stations increased 30%.
- 0.10% to 0.15% of the weekly cume ratings base (i.e., all listeners) took some action with the advertising. This is roughly two to three times typical performance of online display advertising, and
- 1 to 3% of logged-in listeners clicked through on the display portion of the ad.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV