Dr. Dieter Zetsche At The Annual Shareholders' Meeting: "Growth And Efficiency: Daimler Is Staying The Course."
BERLIN, April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Affirmation of long-term strategy and goals
- Start of biggest growth program in the company's history
- Efficiency programs to lead to savings of €4 billion by end of 2014
- Voting on a stable dividend of €2.20 per share
"Growth and efficiency: Daimler is staying the course" is not only the motto of today's Annual Shareholders' Meeting of Daimler AG, but also describes the Group's strategic focus. Daimler is pursuing the goal of reaching the top of the respective sectors. "We are Daimler. We don't only want to get better. We want to beat the competition – on a permanent basis," stated Dr. Dieter Zetsche, Chairman of the Board of Management of Daimler AG and Head of Mercedes-Benz Cars, with regard to the Group's goals, according to the text of his speech.
"In 2012, Daimler continued to grow," Zetsche said about the past financial year before an expected number of approximately 5,000 shareholders at the Berlin Trade Fair Center (Berliner Messe). The Group achieved record unit sales and revenue in 2012. Worldwide, 2.2 million vehicles were sold and Group revenue increased by 7% to €114.3 billion (2011: €106.5 billion). Group EBIT amounted to €8.6 billion (2011: €8.8 billion), and Group EBIT from the ongoing business amounted to €8.1 billion (2011: €9.0 billion). Net profit increased to €6.5 billion (2011: €6.0 billion), and value added rose to €4.2 billion (2011: €3.7 billion).In view of the earnings achieved and the course of business in the year 2012, the Board of Management and the Supervisory Board recommended the distribution of a stable dividend of €2.20 per share (2011: €2.20). This represents a total dividend of approximately €2.35 billion or a distribution ratio of about 40%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV