DEARBORN, Mich., April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford's hybrid sales in the first quarter of the year totaled 21,080 vehicles, marking the first time Ford has sold more than 20,000 hybrids in a quarter; first-quarter hybrid sales increased by 324 percent
- First-quarter growth even higher in key markets; Fusion Hybrid sales up 518 percent in New York, 478 percent in Los Angeles and 325 percent in San Francisco
- Beyond fuel economy, design and technology are among the top reasons customers are choosing Fusion Hybrid over the competition, according to early buyer data from J.D. Power
- Fusion Hybrid is attracting the youngest buyer of any mid-size hybrid in the market today with 21 percent of customers under the age of 36
Ford delivered its best hybrid sales quarter ever in the first quarter of 2013 with sales totaling 21,080 vehicles – marking the first time Ford has sold more than 20,000 hybrids in a quarter. Ford's hybrid sales were up 324 percent nationally over 2012, achieving 16 percent share of the electrified vehicle market – up from 4 percent last year.
This was the first quarter in which Ford offered all four of its new hybrid and plug-in hybrid vehicles, including Fusion Hybrid, Fusion Energi, C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi. Ford's first hybrid offerings went on sale in October 2004, nearly a decade ago.
This record sales quarter was driven by the success of the C-MAX hybrids and Fusion hybrids. The all-new design, fuel efficiency and smart technology the company's new hybrids offer is attracting an entirely new group of customers to Ford showrooms.Three out of four customers in key hybrid markets are coming from other brands. In addition to fueling a surge in sales of Ford's latest electrified vehicles, these customers are equipping their new rides with some of the most advanced technology on the market.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts