NEW YORK, April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Lifshitz Law Firm announces that it is investigating potential claims against the board of directors of Exide Technologies (XIDE). On March 22, 2013 the South Coast Air Quality Management District (AQMD) announced it had reviewed and approved a health risk assessment from Exide Technologies showing that the Vernon facility is causing a potential health impact to residents in a large geographical area that includes portions of Vernon, Maywood, Huntington Park, Commerce, Boyle Heights and unincorporated areas of east Los Angeles. Under a California law commonly known as the Toxic Hot Spots program, facilities that emit toxic air pollutants must develop health risk assessments using scientific tools to estimate the risk of cancer as well as non-cancer health effects to residents. If the risk is higher than 25 in 1 million, the facility must develop and implement a plan to reduce it below that threshold within three years. The AQMD stated that Exide's health risk assessment shows a maximum cancer risk of 156 in 1 million, mostly due to arsenic emissions, to workers at a facility in Vernon next to Exide.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV