Have you read Sheryl Sandberg's Lean In? Thoughts?
Smolyansky: I've read parts of it, but I think it's absolutely true. I think it's important that we do create female titans. I think we need more women in Fortune 500 companies in the CEO
What's next for Lifeway?
Smolyansky: We are launching in the U.K. That's our big initiative, so we're launching in London at Harvey Nichols in May. On the horizon, I talked about those long-term goals. I really see Lifeway as being a global brand. That's one thing, but we've also launched a series of other new products just in the last couple of months, offering more of these healthy products for kids. I really see that as a problem for kids and families right now. Those are the big things and looking to just expand our distribution into places that don't normally see them. Hotel minibars would be a huge opportunity for us.It sounds like you could be an acquisition target at some point. Smolyansky: I'm young and my brother's young, so I think we still have a lot of things that we can bring to the table at Lifeway that I think we're looking at things out of the box. I think we're doing things that the big companies are only dreaming of doing and we're doing it really quickly and nimbly.
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV