The other thing that I struggle with sometimes is that I know what needs to happen for long-term growth like five years, 10 years from now. Shareholders set their sights on the next three months, what's going to happen this quarter or next quarter. They're not really interested in five years from now. They don't really care necessarily, but I do because I'm here for long-term leadership of the company. So that's one of those things that you have to really balance nicely, giving short-term success for shareholders and laying the groundwork for things that need to happen in five to 10 years.
There is a disproportionate number of female CEOs running public companies. Do you think you have a responsibility to be a role model for other women?
Smolyansky: Absolutely. I never took a business class and somehow I have shown success. So I'm always surprised at it myself because I could have gone either way and
So this is really important that we bring a certain set of skills to the table that are just not being tapped. Every company should be looking for ways to include more female leadership at the top of their company and continue the pipeline in getting them in to stay on board after having kids, to make sure that we're offering flexibility to both men and women.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV