To present non-GAAP sales and marketing expenses, non-GAAP general and administrative expenses and non-GAAP research and development expenses, the Company excludes share-based compensation expenses.
To present non-GAAP gross profit, the Company excludes depreciation and amortization expenses and share-based compensation expenses.
To present non-GAAP operating profit, the Company excludes share-based compensation expenses and post-acquisition settlement consideration.
The Company defines adjusted net income as income (loss) from continuing operations before share-based compensation expenses, foreign exchange loss or gain, penalties on uncertain tax positions and post-acquisition settlement consideration.The Company uses EBITDA to assist in reconciliation to adjusted EBITDA. The Company defines EBITDA as income (loss) from continuing operations before interest expense, interest income, income tax expense, penalties on uncertain tax positions, and depreciation and amortization. The Company defines adjusted EBITDA as EBITDA before share-based compensation expenses, foreign exchange loss or gain, and post-acquisition settlement consideration that the Company does not consider reflective of its ongoing operations. The Company believes that the use of adjusted EBITDA facilitates investors' use of operating performance comparisons from period to period and company to company by backing out potential differences caused by variations in items such as capital structure (affecting relative interest expense and share-based compensation expense), the book amortization of intangibles (affecting relative amortization expense), the age and book value of facilities and equipment (affecting relative depreciation expense) and other non-cash expenses. The Company also presents adjusted EBITDA because it believes it is frequently used by securities analysts, investors and other interested parties as a measure of the financial performance of companies in its industry. Those non-GAAP financial measures are not defined under U.S. GAAP and are not measures presented in accordance with U.S. GAAP. Those non-GAAP financial measures have limitations as analytical tools, and when assessing the Company's operating performance, investors should not consider them in isolation, or as a substitute for net income (loss) or other consolidated income statement data prepared in accordance with U.S. GAAP. Some of these limitations include, but are not limited to:
- Adjusted net income, EBITDA and Adjusted EBITDA do not reflect the Company's cash expenditures or future requirements for capital expenditures or contractual commitments;
- They do not reflect changes in, or cash requirements for, the Company's working capital needs;
- They do not reflect the interest expense, or the cash requirements necessary to service interest or principal payments, on the Company's debt;
- They do not reflect income taxes or the cash requirements for any tax payments;
- Although depreciation and amortization are non-cash charges, the assets being depreciated and amortized often will have to be replaced in the future, and adjusted net income, EBITDA and adjusted EBITDA do not reflect any cash requirements for such replacements;
- While share-based compensation is a component of cost of revenues and operating expenses, the impact on the Company's financial statements compared to other companies can vary significantly due to such factors as assumed life of the options and assumed volatility of the Company's ordinary shares; and
- Other companies may calculate Adjusted net income, EBITDA and Adjusted EBITDA differently than the Company does, limiting their usefulness as comparative measures.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV