April 9, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Ultra-luxe Crystal Cruises has set a new itinerary, and more than 15 new Crystal Adventures, for its 2013 North Cape cruise. Guests can sail, fly, ride, and hike past waterfalls, over glaciers, along white sand beaches, and up village-dotted coastlines during fifteen days and "white nights" aboard Crystal Serenity. The exotic
Northern Europe cruise
features several destinations Crystal has not visited in years, including an ultra-rare call to Murmansk,
, the last official city created under the Russian empire. Departing
, the port-intensive voyage from
crosses the Arctic Circle and sails through the stunning Norwegian Fjords and Scandinavian Lapland.
The new shoreside outings offer a bevy of exploration opportunity for animal lovers, outdoors enthusiasts, and local culture lovers, including:
- Tromso : Hike with huskies or take a high-speed RIB cruise to spy musk ox and other wildlife.
- Lofoten : Ride an Icelandic horse along white sand, Viking-era beaches or visit local artists at work, from a blacksmith's workshop to a glassblower's studio.
- Murmansk : See war memorials, have traditional Russian tea and "bubliki", explore the world's first nuclear-powered surface icebreaker ship, or delight in Arctic seals that rehabilitate children.
- Ålesund : Help crew a 50-foot sailboat past islands and villages on the picturesque Sunnmore coast.
- Olden : Fly in a helicopter over the largest glacier on the European mainland.
- Hellesylt/Geiranger : Sail a 60-foot wooden sailboat past waterfalls and eagles to fish the waters of this famed Norwegian fjord.
- Copenhagen : Be one of the first visitors to the just-opened, eco-friendly Blue Planet Aquarium.
On board, a Wine and Food theme offers a more savory taste of the region, with guest culinary experts such as award-winning Norwegian chef
Sven Erik Renaa
and Laroche wine ambassadress
The itinerary visits
; Hellesylt/Geiranger, Honningsvag, Tromso, Leknes/Lofoten, Alesund, Olden, and Berg,
with overnights on both ends. If booked by
, all inclusive fares begin at
per guest, with
per person in savings.
Crystal Cruises' passion for creating unique luxury experiences both on land and at sea have helped earn the company top ratings from international travelers for two decades.