Manx Livestock Tragedy Raises Questions About Pet Safety In Winter
THETFORD, England, April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
In the wake of the tragedy that has affected farms in the Isle of Man, many of which have lost huge numbers of sheep to the cold weather and heavy snowfalls, can members of the public be certain about the safety of their pets? The team at EnviroMat is currently offering a clever solution to the problem of insulating kennels and hutches.
This report on the BBC website describes the catastrophic losses that Manx farmers have suffered due to snowfall in the past few days. The Isle of Man has already seen plenty of terribly weather this winter but the latest snow drifts have proven the most costly for livestock and farmers.
The fate of the Manx livestock gives food for thought to people who keep animals at home. With temperatures still dangerously low overnight are dogs and rabbits and other pets safe when left outside for long periods?The simple answer would have to be that they aren't safe. Each year plenty of pets are lost to cold temperatures, but not everyone is in a position to bring animals inside the house in cold weather. Kennels and hutches provide sufficient shelter much of the time, but they are perhaps inadequate for such persistent cold. So how is the team at EnviroMat helping pet owners deal with the problem? Green roof insulation represents a clever solution. An EnviroMat is a roll of sedum matting that enables gardeners to grow plants and vegetation easily on kennel roofs, hutch roofs, sheds and other fixtures in the garden. Aside from maximising the growing potential of gardens and making garden fixtures easier on the eye, in winter these rolls of sedum matting covered in vegetation may provide essential insulation for shelters that house animals during the winter, lessening the impact of low temperatures.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV