AcelRx Pharmaceuticals (ACRX) is a U.S.-based pharmaceutical company, which develops and commercializes therapies for the treatment of pain. This stock is trading up 7.5% to $5.65 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $5.31-$5.6752-Week Range: $2.27-$5.97 Volume: 348,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 278,354 Shares of ACRX are ripping higher today after Jefferies initiated the stock with a buy rating and $8 per share price target. From a technical perspective, ACRX is bouncing strong here right above its 50-day moving average of $5.14 with above-average volume. This move has started to push shares of ACRX into breakout territory, since the stock has moved above some near-term overhead resistance at $5.52 to $5.62. Shares of ACRX are now quickly moving within range of triggering another major breakout trade. That trade will hit if ACRX manages to take out its 52-week high at $5.97 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in ACRX as long as it's trending above $5.52 or $5.62, and then once it sustains a move or close above its 52-week high at $5.97 with volume that hits near or above 278,354 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then ACRX will set up to enter new 52-week-high territory and all-time high territory, which is bullish technical price action. Some possible upside targets off that breakout are $7 to $8 in the near future. To see more stocks that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under $10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV