Guyana Goldfields Inc. Adopts Advance Notice By-Law
TORONTO, April 9, 2013 /CNW/ - Guyana Goldfields Inc. ( TSX: GUY) (the " Corporation" or " GGI") announces the adoption by its Board of Directors (the " Board") of amendments to its By-Laws.
By-Law 4 includes a provision that requires advance notice to the Corporation in circumstances where nominations of persons for election to the Board are made by shareholders of the Corporation other than pursuant to (i) a requisition to call a shareholders meeting made pursuant to the provisions of the Canada Business Corporations Act (the " CBCA"), or (ii) a shareholder proposal made pursuant to the provisions of the CBCA (the " Advance Notice Provision").
Among other things, the Advance Notice Provision fixes a deadline by which holders of record of common shares of the Corporation must submit Director nominations to the Corporation prior to any annual or special meeting of shareholders and sets forth the information that a shareholder must include in the notice to the Corporation for the notice to be in proper written form.
In the case of an annual meeting of shareholders, notice to the Corporation must be made not less than 30 nor more than 65 days prior to the date of the annual meeting; provided, however, that in the event that the annual meeting is to be held on a date that is less than 50 days after the date on which the first public announcement of the date of the annual meeting was made, notice may be made not later than the close of business on the 10th day following such public announcement.In the case of a special meeting of shareholders (which is not also an annual meeting), notice to the Corporation must be made no later than the close of business on the 15th day following the day on which the first public announcement of the date of the special meeting was made.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV