To further spur baseball fans' enthusiasm when a no-hitter is in progress, the promotion will leverage multiple digital platforms. Beginning when a no-hitter is in progress through the sixth inning of any game, which has happened on average once per week since 1999, fans will be encouraged to follow the #DomiNoNo with live video on MLB.com and the award-winning MLB.com At Bat mobile app, social activity from @MLB on Twitter and up-to-the-moment game alerts. The promotion is part of a larger media package between Domino's and MLBAM that will see the pizza company's ads featured on several MLBAM digital media properties.
Other diamond facts:
- It would take 308 pizzas lined up to cover the distance around the bases of a Major League Baseball diamond. That's one delicious home run.
- There's a Domino's Pizza within 4.5 miles of every Major League Baseball stadium, and more than half of those stores are within 1.5 miles.
- Domino's delivery experts drive about 1.4 million miles a day – that's more than 19 million trips around the base paths.
- The last season without a no-hitter was 2005.
- With six, April 27 boasts the most no-hitters thrown on any single date.
- April 4, 2001, was the earliest a no-hitter was thrown in a season.
About Domino's Pizza ®
Founded in 1960, Domino's Pizza is the recognized world leader in pizza delivery, with a significant business in carryout pizza. It ranks among the world's top public restaurant brands with its global enterprise of more than 10,200 stores in over 70 international markets. Domino's had global retail sales of over $7.4 billion in 2012, comprised of over $3.5 billion in the U.S. and nearly $3.9 billion internationally. In the fourth quarter of 2012, Domino's had global retail sales of nearly $2.4 billion, comprised of approximately $1.1 billion in the U.S. and $1.3 billion internationally. Its system is largely made up of franchise owner-operators who accounted for over 96% of the Domino's Pizza stores as of the fourth quarter of 2012. Domino's reached the unprecedented $1 billion mark in U.S. digital sales during the one-year time period from April 2011 to April 2012. Its emphasis on new technology has helped drive the emergence of Domino's ordering apps for Kindle Fire, Android ™ and iPhone® – which now cover over 80% of the smartphone market. Continuing its focus on menu enhancement, Domino's established itself as a player in the Pan Pizza market with the launch of its Handmade Pan Pizza, featuring fresh, never-frozen dough, in October 2012.Order - www.dominos.com Mobile – http://mobile.dominos.com Info - www.dominosbiz.com Twitter - http://twitter.com/dominos Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Dominos About MLBAMEstablished in June 2000 following a unanimous vote by the 30 Major League Baseball club owners to centralize all of Baseball's Internet operations, MLB Advanced Media LP (MLBAM) is the interactive media and internet company of Major League Baseball. MLBAM manages the official league site, www.MLB.com, and each of the 30 individual Club sites to create the most comprehensive Major League Baseball resource on the Internet. MLB.com offers fans the most complete baseball information and interactivity on the web, including up-to-date statistics, game previews and summaries, extensive historical information, online ticket sales, baseball merchandise, authenticated memorabilia and collectibles, fantasy games, live full-game video streaming and in-progress and on-demand highlights, live and archived audio broadcasts of every game, Gameday pitch-by-pitch application, around-the-clock hosted and specialty video programming, complete blogging capabilities and the award-winning suite of At Bat mobile applications. MLBAM powers more live events on the Internet than any other website in the world. SOURCE Domino's Pizza
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV