ANN ARBOR, Mich., April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The calendar might say otherwise, but everyone knows the crack of the bat on Major League Baseball Opening Day is the real first sign of spring. This year, that could mean free pizza from Domino's Pizza (NYSE: DPZ), the recognized world leader in pizza delivery.
With the Domino's DomiNoNo, subscribers of MLB Advanced Media's MLB.TV product, the Internet's longest running and most prolific live video subscription offering, will have a chance to receive free pizza following each of the first two no-hitters of the 2013 Major League Baseball season.
"The no-hitter is one of the greatest achievements in sports," said Chris Brandon, Domino's Pizza spokesperson. "Domino's is thrilled to reward baseball fans with free pizza the day after each of the first two no-hitters of the 2013 season."Beginning on Opening Day, the first 10,000 MLB.TV subscribers who visit MLB.com/dominos the next business day after a no-hitter is thrown and log in will receive a free, two-topping medium Handmade Pan Pizza (carryout only) when they order online from Dominos.com. The DomiNoNo offer is available for five consecutive days starting at 12:00 p.m. (PDT) the next business day following the no-hitter or until 10,000 codes are given away. The promotion is valid after each of the first two no-hitters of the 2013 season. Since 1901 there have been 231 no-hitters thrown (just more than two per season), making it historically likely there will be a pair this season. September has seen the most activity, with 52 hitless games during the month, while Saturday has been the most popular day of the week (45) for a pitcher to hurl a no-hitter. In 2012, a record-tying seven were thrown, but in 2011 only one pitcher completed a hitless performance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV