Mobile, Web And Online Games Market In China
NEW YORK, April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Pearl Research is pleased to present our new, 170-page China report covering webgames, MMO, mobile, casual, social games and much more.The expanded mobile section covers top mobile operators, top apps, profitability of developers and other key metrics.
In 2012 and 2013, there was a significant shift in user activity from PC to mobile, driven by rapid expansion of China's mobile Internet user base, smartphones and new mobile apps and games. Pearl Research believes the number of smart devices (phones, tablets) in China could exceed 400 million by the end of 2013. Top mobile titles can generate $2 million or more a month.Against this backdrop, all the major companies that had a focus on client-based games, Giant, Changyou, Perfect World, Netease and Netdragon, are expanding their mobile teams and releasing new mobile titles. Tencent has a strong market share in mobile games, but is facing competition from various mobile developers. Web games, which can be played in a browser, and are accessible and user-friendly is a $1 billion market segment. Included in the study are an analysis of top web game companies and the top web game can have more than 800,000 peak concurrent users. One emerging trend is the popularity of micro-client version of games. Micro-client files are generally less than 50MB compared to more than 1GB for a typical client-based game. This significantly cuts down on download times to under 15 minutes with a broadband connection. The micro-client software is far more compatible with users of large platforms including social network platforms.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV