Rutgers Institute For Ethical Leadership Hosts Corporate Social Responsibility Conference Featuring Business, Academic Leaders
Interactive discussions with experts to make business case for corporate social responsibility, offer advice to companies, nonprofits and students
NEWARK, N.J., April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Rutgers Institute for Ethical Leadership (IEL) will host its fourth annual Ethical Leadership Conference bringing together business and academic leaders in corporate social responsibility (CSR) to share lessons learned and help attendees work through challenges in starting and developing CSR programs.
"Ethics in Action: A Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility" will be held
April 19 from
9:00 a.m. –
4:00 p.m. at the Newark Museum (49 Washington Street,
Newark, NJ), near the
Rutgers campus in
This year's conference features a full day of interactive discussions with experts from business industries such as finance, entertainment, food and energy, as well as academia. The conference keynote speakers and presenters are:
- Jim Berk, chief executive officer, Participant Media, will offer the unique approach to CSR taken by the for-profit producer of films such as Lincoln; Food, Inc.; and Waiting for Superman, and the force behind the newly announced cable network targeting Millennials and focusing on social change, Pivot.
- Archie Carroll, Ph.D., Terry College of Business, University of Georgia and co-author of the industry reference guide "Corporate Responsibility: The American Experience" will ground the discussion in ethics and present the last 60 years on CSR's history in the U.S.
- Timothy J. McClimon, vice president, CSR, American Express, president of American Express Foundation and author of the industry-leading blog " CSR Now!," will offer the business case for CSR and insights into the future of socially responsible companies.
"Many New Jersey companies are recognized as being among the most ethically-managed and socially responsible in the world," said Rutgers IEL Co-Founder James Abruzzo. "We are thrilled at the opportunity to support the state's culture of ethical leadership and for the conference group of CSR experts to provide business, nonprofit and academic leaders solutions to their challenges."This year's conference is the fourth annual event hosted by Rutgers IEL. Previous topics have included developing an ethical culture, generational viewpoints on ethics, and effective use of social media.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts