LOUISVILLE, Ky., April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Louisville Festival of Magic, Illusion and the Unusual will take place June 14-16 in Louisville, KY. Some of the biggest names in magic, including Las Vegas Strip headliners and Louisville's own Lance Burton and Mac King, will host shows and events in some of the city's most historic, eclectic and unique venues.
The festival will feature performances from: Christopher Hart ("Thing" in The Addams Family), Max Maven (America's foremost mind reader), Michael Goudeau (the most successful juggler in Las Vegas history), Tina Lenert (past recipient of Academy of Magical Arts "Stage Magician of the Year" Award), Dana Daniels, Danny Orleans, Rob Zabrecky, Derek Hughes, Harrison Greenbaum, John Cassidy, and many more.
According to Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer, "There was no sleight of hand required in picking Louisville for this unique festival. It's another example of a world-class event that is a perfect fit for our unique city. We're honored and excited to work with Lance and Mac on this historic event. Let the magic begin!"
The festival will present more than 35 shows including:
- From The Dark – A magic show originally designed for blind people, now expanded so those with sight can participate.
- Sleight of Mind – An academic and entertaining multimedia presentation exploring the relationship between magic and the brain.
- Movie Magic: How to Think Like a Magician – Behind the scenes stories from professional wonder-worker Michael Weber, the magician consulted for films The Prestige and The Illusionist.
- University of Magic – A hands-on magic class for parents and children.
- The Secret Show – A show so secret festival organizers can't even say who's in it.