* Opinium Research carried out an online survey of 2,003 UK adults aged 18+ from 28 th March to 2 nd April 2013
Results weighted to nationally representative criteria, based on 263 respondents (13%). 13% of 49,969,000 UK adults = 6,495,970 (7,995,040- 6,495,970 =) 1,499,070
** Opinium Research carried out an online survey of 2,010 UK adults aged 18+ from 10 th to 13 th February 2012
41% - never expect to own their own home (2012)5% - parents/ family will help pay the deposit (2012) Results weighted to nationally representative criteria, based on 323 respondents (16%). 16% of 49,969,000 UK adults = 7,995,040 *** MoneySupermarket tables
First Time Buyer Trends Number of Average Products Number of Mortgage Overall available Average Rate Date Products Average Overall Rate LTV at 90% at 90% Apr-09 2,604 5.25% 71% 111 6.47% Apr-10 2,700 4.68% 75% 163 6.02% Apr-11 3,007 4.41% 76% 253 5.78% Apr-12 2,443 4.19% 76% 300 5.27% Apr-13 3,147 3.62% 75% 276 4.82% Number of Products available Number of Mortgage to First Products Available Time Average FTB to First Time Average Buyers at Rate at Date Buyers Average FTB Rate FTB LTV 90% 90% Apr-09 1,260 5.35% 73% 62 6.44% Apr-10 1,448 4.77% 76% 119 6.05% Apr-11 1,524 4.47% 77% 174 5.82% Apr-12 1,337 4.22% 78% 209 5.30% Apr-13 1,565 3.63% 76% 182 4.78% Sourced by http://www.MoneySupermarket.com 05.04.2013Notes to Editors: MoneySupermarket.com compares (at 22 nd March 2013)
- 140 car insurance brands and 98 home insurance brands
- 15 broadband providers and 20 energy providers
- 31 unsecured loan and 5 secured loan providers
- 60 mortgage lenders and 28 credit card providers
- 62 savings providers and 37 current account providers
- Over 640,000 mobile phone deals
We help our customers to save money on all of their household bills by providing a free, easy to use online service so they can compare a wide range of products in one place and find the product most suited to their needs. Our size means we are able to offer our customers exclusive, market-leading deals, including some they can't even get direct from providers.
By having considerable volumes of informed customers actively looking for products and ready to purchase, we offer our providers an efficient and cost effective customer acquisition solution across all of our channels. This enables our providers to target their marketing spend in an effective and completely measurable way.
Our revenue comes predominantly from fees paid to us by product providers when a customer clicks through to their website and actually applies for or purchases a product. It is a success based marketing fee.
Our customer commitment
- We make it easy to find the brands you expect to see
- We strive to ensure a product cannot be found cheaper by going direct
- We let you remain in control of your personal data
- We are independent and impartial
- We make it easy to switch and save
- We strive to always show the most competitive product available
For further information contact:
Paul Lawler / Kate Murphy
+44-(0)787-237-9545 / +44-(0)1244-221978