Is the $399 Divorce for Real?
Generally, it depends upon the following:
- Kids. Count on them to increase the cost of divorce exponentially. The courts are adamant that provisions be made for the kids' care and protection. Usually this translates into child support. More time and thoroughness goes into negotiating issues of custody--physical and legal--as well as education and health care etc.
- Property. The degree of wealth you and your spouse have: generally, the greater the assets, the higher the cost to divide them.
- Acrimony. Your potential to save money in the divorce process corresponds at some level to you and your spouse's ability to communicate effectively. Begin with the fact that if communications were ideal, you wouldn't be divorcing in the first place, and then be aware of how anger, bitterness and resentment increase the need for buffers and referees in various arenas.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV