'Money Matters' Investor Conference To Help Veterans And Military Families Learn To Protect, Grow Their Money
HARRISBURG, Pa., April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In recognition of Governor Corbett's proclamation of April as "Financial Education Month," the members of the Pennsylvania Banking and Securities Commission today announced a program designed especially for members of the military community at the April 30 "Money Matters" investor education conference in Cranberry Township.
Banking and Securities Commissioner Vincent Gastgeb, Bud Schneeweis from the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority Investor Education Foundation and John Goryl from the PA Housing Finance agency will be leading a workshop on "Financial Issues for Veterans: Where to Turn for Help." The seminar will feature information on financial and retirement planning after deployment as well as ways to identify and avoid financial scams targeting members of the military community.
"As a steadfast supporter of our military families, Governor Corbett is pleased that the 'Money Matters' conference will address the particular needs of veterans, active duty personnel and their families," Glenn E. Moyer, vice-chair of the Commission and Secretary of Banking and Securities said.
"Money Matters" will be held on April 30 at the Pittsburgh Marriott North in Cranberry Township. The conference runs from 6-9 p.m., is free and open to the public, but registration is required. Information and registration is available by calling 1-800-PA-BANKS or online at www.dobs.state.pa.us.Now in its 10 th year, "Money Matters" is part of The Campaign for Wise and Safe Investing ® Pennsylvania, a collaboration between the AARP Foundation, the Investor Protection Trust, the Pennsylvania Department of Banking and Securities and AARP Pennsylvania. Media contact: Ed Novak, 717-783-4721 SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Banking and Securities
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV