New Player On Chicago's Legal Scene Includes Familiar Names
CHICAGO, April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A brand new firm continuing a tradition of excellence, Tomasik Kotin Kasserman, LLC, opens its doors this week. After decades with the greats of Chicago law, Corboy & Demetrio partners Dan Kotin and Shawn Kasserman and Clifford Law Offices partner Tim Tomasik now are joining forces to build a practice proudly dedicated to representing the interests of those seriously injured or killed as the result of wrongful conduct.
Collectively, the attorneys of the TKK law firm have won more than $400 million in settlements for their clients over the years, working on some of the highest-profile legal cases in popular memory. Tomasik, who frequently handles aviation and personal injury issues, represented victims of the 2002 John Hancock Center scaffolding collapse and was part of the team handling the World Trade Center property damage litigation in the wake of the 9/11 terror attacks. Kotin, a personal injury and wrongful death attorney, represented victims in the 2003 Cook County Administration Building fire and has served as lead counsel in numerous high profile cases involving fires, train derailments and other catastrophes. Kasserman, who is best known for his work representing the families of children killed by defectively designed products, has also served as lead counsel in matters including train derailments, bus crashes, the Nicor mercury spill and the Amoco cancer cluster in Naperville.
"This group has achieved results in so many areas, from aviation and transportation disasters to medical errors to dangerous products," says accomplished medical malpractice attorney Bob Geimer, who joins Tomasik Kotin Kasserman as a partner. "What an opportunity to combine these skills and experience onto one team."
The team begins work in their offices at 10 S. LaSalle Street today.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV