CALLING ALL GRANT PROPOSALS! La Roche-Posay Introduces The "Dermatologist From The Heart" Program
NEW YORK, April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- La Roche-Posay is proud to launch its "Dermatologist from the Heart" program in the United States. A unique initiative that underscores the iconic brand's altruistic approach to skincare, "Dermatologist from the Heart" aims to support initiatives designed to enhance the quality of life for patients.
Through the launch of this vital program, the La Fondation La Roche-Posay will further its goal of making the invaluable skills, knowledge and expertise of dermatologists available to the broader public. The "Dermatologist from the Heart" initiative will award a grant to the most compassionate project spearheaded by dermatologists that seek to enhance patients' quality of life. In order to be considered, entrants must submit a grant proposal to the La Fondation La Roche-Posay outlining their project, which should fall under one of the following five categories:
- Information and Prevention (information workshops, disease-prevention advice, school initiatives, screening campaigns...)
- Health Professional Training (nurses, dermatologists, other doctors/professionals...)
- Advice and Support (psychological support for patients and those around them, helping patients to accept their illness, lifestyle advice, improving self-esteem...)
- Improving Social Integration (make-up workshops, behavioral therapies, activities for children with skin diseases, group support sessions...)
- Improving Access to Healthcare (free screenings/consultations, physician's visits, consultations in remote areas...)
A five-member panel will then assess each submission and award a winner based on the proposal's originality, creativity, impact on patients' quality of life, method and feasibility. The winner will receive $10,000 to support carrying out the proposed project.
Committed to working alongside dermatologists, La Roche-Posay created its namesake foundation in 1995 to encourage dermatological research in the fields of clinical medicine, biology and pharmacology. The "Dermatologist from the Heart" program is the latest initiative to join the La Fondation La Roche-Posay's several other global community-oriented programs, which include the Atopy Schools initiative that helps atopic dermatitis patients and their families face the challenges of the disease, as well as the Corrective Make-Up Workshops, which are devoted to instilling self-confidence in patients suffering from skin lesions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV