FREMONT and WALNUT CREEK, Calif, April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --Oplink Mobile Interactive (mi) Security and Verizon Wireless are collaborating to provide security solutions to Verizon Wireless business customers.
The Oplink Security system is a total solution-in-a-box home and business security alert platform that provides real-time and remote video alert and surveillance services via the Oplink mi Security app (iOS and Android). The system is self-configured and can be installed within minutes of connecting to the Internet.
Oplink's Plug-Activate-N-Play™ home and business security system notifies customers of security sensor triggers from multiple home and business locations through smartphone alerts. The platform includes optional power solutions for extra protection and also accommodates multiple users and emergency contacts.
"Our collaboration with Verizon Wireless is an important step in making Oplink's mobile cloud-based security and automation platform available to mobile consumers and businesses. Oplink has successfully leveraged our terabit optical transport, switching and amplification technology leadership to launch an important mobile interactive security and automation solution," said Joe Liu, CEO of Oplink Communications.Oplink offers three different home security packages that can be paired with a Verizon Wireless connection:
- Oplink AlarmShield™ Intrusion Alert System ($299) provides peace of mind to homeowners by using motion and contact sensors to monitor the home when it's unoccupied. Users can receive an email or text when alarm events happen at home as well as when the children arrive home from school. The kit includes an Oplink Processing Unit (OPU), a siren, motion, door, window and cabinet contact sensors.
- Oplink VideoShield ™ 2-Camera Surveillance System ($399) provides real-time video streaming and surveillance functions. Users can simultaneously watch live video, anywhere and at different locations, of family and pets at home, vacation homes or businesses and receive a recorded video alert when motion is detected. The kit includes an Oplink OPU and two cameras with the motion-detection feature.
- Oplink TripleShield™ 1-Camera Intrusion & Surveillance Alert System ($399) seamlessly integrates Oplink AlarmShield™ and VideoShield™ systems, providing the protection of home sensor security with real-time video streaming and surveillance functions.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts