We're seeing the exact same setup taking place in shares of mid-cap drug maker Covance (CVD). Just like Becton, Covance has been trending in an uptrending channel since back in November, bouncing off of trend line support three times since then. Now shares are testing bounce number-four.
I mentioned earlier that the ideal time to buy an uptrending channel trade is on the bounce off of support, and Covance is a textbook example of a low-risk entry. Shares pushed right off of that uptrend line in yesterday's session, and if we see continuation today it makes sense to be a buyer.
All of that said, contingency plans are important even in textbook trades. That's why I'd recommend keeping a protective stop right at the 50-day moving average.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV