Justice Department To Honor 12 Individuals And Organizations Serving Crime Victims
WASHINGTON, April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Justice Department will recognize twelve individuals and organizations from nine states for brave actions and innovative approaches to ensuring crime victims' rights, during a national ceremony 2 p.m. Wednesday, April 24.
The National Crime Victims' Rights award recipients are from Arizona, Florida, Hawaii, Kansas, Maryland, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Washington, D.C. and Texas. They are selected from public nominations in eight categories, including special courage, professional innovation and crime victim services.
Since 1981, the Department's Office for Victims of Crime has helped lead communities across the country in observing National Crime Victims' Rights Week through this annual ceremony. Attendees include crime victims, survivors, victim advocates and allied professionals. National Crime Victims' Rights Week will be observed this year from April 21-27.
WHO: National Crime Victims' Rights Service Award Recipients Acting Assistant Attorney General for the Office of Justice Programs Mary Lou Leary Office for Victims of Crime Principal Deputy Director Joye FrostWHAT: 2013 Justice Department's National Crime Victims' Rights Ceremony WHERE: 810 7 th Street Northwest Washington, DC OPEN PRESS WHEN: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 24 2 P.M. – 3:30 P.M. EDT SOURCE Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV