Advertising Age Opens Nominations For 2013 Small Agency Awards
NEW YORK, April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- For the fifth year, the editors of Advertising Age and Creativity will celebrate the influence and impact of small, independent agencies with the 2013 Small Agency Awards. Nominations are now open, and winners will be announced live at the Small Agency Conference & Awards show July 24 th and 25 th in Portland, Oregon.
The 2013 honorees will join previous top winners Rockfish Interactive (2009), Pereira & O'Dell (2010), Via (2011), and Baldwin& (2012).
"In the beginning of 2011, VIA had just over 60 employees. Now we are an agency of 120 and growing," said John Coleman, founder-CEO of The Via Agency, Ad Age's 2011 Small Agency of the Year. "But the best thing about winning was the satisfaction our people felt for receiving recognition for all of those years of late nights, long flights, and cold pizza — that feeling was priceless."
All small and mid-sized agencies with fewer than 150 employees that are either fully independent or not majority-owned by a holding company or network are eligible to enter. Agencies are judged on thought leadership, portfolio, business results and culture. Campaigns are judged by a panel of agency professionals and Ad Age staff."We're in a golden age for small agencies where impact has little to do with size," said Abbey Klaassen, Advertising Age editor. "Savvy marketers understand that smaller agencies are nimble, highly creative and innovative. The companies and campaigns that fall within these award parameters are some of the industry's best." "Being named Small Agency of the Year by Ad Age has opened doors to say the least," said David Baldwin, founder of Baldwin&, the 2012 Agency of the Year and winner of the 2011 Campaign of the Year. "And maybe it's made us work even harder knowing that we want to try it again this year." Awards are made in the following categories:
- Agency of the Year, Overall
- Agency of the Year, By Division (1-10 people, 11-75 people, 76-150 people)
- Agency of the Year, By Region (Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, West, Southwest, International)
- Best Agency Culture
- Campaign of the Year
- Pro Bono Campaign of the Year (new this year)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV