LAS VEGAS, April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NAB Show Booth SL5624 -- Digital Rapids is showcasing the company's strong industry partnerships and the ongoing expansion of the partner ecosystem for its highly-acclaimed Kayak ® dynamic workflow platform at the 2013 NAB Show. Digital Rapids' innovative media transformation and workflow solutions are being highlighted in a variety of booths around the exhibition floor, while five new companies are announcing their participation in the Kayak ecosystem.
"We're proud to be partnering with some of the industry's biggest names and innovators to showcase the powerful benefits of our combined solutions, and we continue to be thrilled by the tremendous industry support and excitement for the Kayak platform," said Brick Eksten, President and CEO of Digital Rapids Corporation. "We look forward to continuing to work closely with them as we bring the benefits of our collaboration to our mutual customers."
Industry partners highlighting Digital Rapids solutions at the show include:
- Dell -- The Kayak workflow platform is being demonstrated as part of the launch of the new Dell Create™ multi-vendor workflow solution being showcased at the 'StudioXperience sponsored by Intel' booth (SL9610). Dell Create combines Dell's open media architecture, hardware, services, security and support with best-of-breed partner solutions to provide customized multi-vendor workflows for content creators.
- Dolby ® Laboratories – Digital Rapids is being featured as part of an interactive partner display at the Dolby booth (SU1702). Dolby Digital Plus multi-channel audio encoding is supported within Digital Rapids solutions, while Dolby loudness correction with Dialog Intelligence™ will be featured in the future within the Digital Rapids Transcode Manager® 2.0 media transformation software.
- DTS – Digital Rapids Transcode Manager 2.0 is being shown creating UltraViolet™ Common File Format (CFF) media assets with DTS-HD ® audio at the DTS booth (SU8514). Transcode Manager 2.0 enables streamlined UltraViolet CFF production workflows from encoding through packaging and supports DTS-HD profiles including the high-efficiency DTS Express™.
- Microsoft Corp. – Kayak-powered Media Processors for Windows Azure Media Services are being featured at the Microsoft booth (SL5110). This combination helps users to build efficient, scalable, cloud-based media transformation applications and services that convert content assets into high-quality deliverables including professional interchange, archive, VOD and broadcast server formats, as well as consumer delivery standards.
- Ross Video -- Digital Rapids encoders are being showcased at the Ross Video booth (N3808) in demonstrations of the QuickTurn New Media Workflow option for the OverDrive automated production control system. The combination of QuickTurn and Digital Rapids encoding enables news facilities to quickly repurpose content from their linear productions for multiscreen distribution.
- Vanguard Video – A preview of HEVC/H.265 encoding capabilities for the Digital Rapids Transcode Manager 2.0 media transformation software and Kayak workflow platform will be showcased at the Vanguard Video booth (SU12007). Vanguard's 'V.265' HEVC encoding technology will be available as a future Kayak component, enabling easy integration of the new compression standard.
- Venera Technologies – Two new quality control options for Digital Rapids Transcode Manager 2.0 and Kayak will be featured at the Venera booth (N4039). PulsarBridge connects Kayak-based workflows with Venera's standalone Pulsar QC software, while PulsarK provides inline, ongoing QC analysis on a frame-by-frame basis, enabling in-progress workflows to adapt immediately to QC results.
Expanding the Kayak EcosystemThe momentum and excitement surrounding Digital Rapids' Kayak workflow platform continue to escalate with five new companies participating in the Kayak partner ecosystem, including EvoStream, The Modern Video Company, nablet, Streaming Appliances and Vanguard Video.