PIX11 Names Mark Effron Vice President/News Director
NEW YORK, April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- PIX11, Tribune Broadcasting's New York CW affiliate, has named Mark Effron Vice President/News Director. He will assume his new duties at PIX11 on April 17.
Effron comes to PIX11 with more than 30 years of television news management experience, most notably at MSNBC and Post-Newsweek. At MSNBC, Effron was Vice President of News and Daytime Programming; while at the helm he reorganized MSNBC Daytime and led the expansion of weekend programming for the network. Prior to his post at MSNBC, Effron was the Vice President of News at Post-Newsweek, the broadcasting division of The Washington Post, Inc. In that capacity, Effron helped build six successful news franchises, growing the stations into market leaders.
While at Post-Newsweek Effron also served as News Director and Station Manager of WFSB-TV in Hartford, CT, the #1 station in the market. Effron also held a series of station management roles at WTOP-AM in Washington, D.C., and WDIV-TV in Detroit, where he helped oversee all news content.
"Mark brings decades of television news management experience and a proven track-record of success. I'm confident that paired with PIX11's talented newsroom staff, Mark will take our newscasts to the next level," said Eric Meyrowitz, PIX11 Vice President and General Manager.Effron joins PIX11 after serving most recently as General Manager/Executive Producer of "The Takeaway," a joint daily production partnership between WNYC Radio and Public Radio International. Under his leadership, Effron led the multi-platform broadcast to 60 stations nationwide and expanded the digital reach of the program. Prior to his role at "The Takeaway," Effron was President and COO of TitanTV Media, an award-winning, digital content network which he helped establish.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV