MBPA Members Get Three New Health Care Reform Decision Tools
WARREN, Mich., April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Ready to assist with the next steps in the implementation of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the Michigan Business and Professional Association (MBPA) just created three new decision making tools to aid its members:
- The MBPA Employee Calculator designed to help members determine whether or not they qualify as small or large employers under the federal Act.
- The MBPA Checklist created to inform Michigan businesses and assist independent agents with current information about ACA implications based on business size.
- The MBPA Options sheet that outlines the available choices along with potential benefits and challenges to help businesses benchmark their needs before making important decisions related to the new health care reform mandates.
"Because the ACA draws a line in the sand between employers with more or less than 50 employees, determining the correct number of full time equivalent employees (FTEs) is critical for the businesses that we serve," said MBPA President Jennifer Kluge. "What is even more critical is the fact that the method for determining health insurance tax credibility is different than the method used for determining applicable penalties and purchasing options, which is why we created the additional tools to help employers make decisions based on the most current information," she continued.
Kluge explained that members will be able to enter the number of full-time employees (those who work 130 - 160 hours per month) plus the total number of paid part-time employee hours over a six-month or full-year timeframe and determine whether or not they are subject to the provisions and/or penalties of the ACA. Businesses with fewer than 50 full-time equivalent employees are not required to offer employee health care coverage, but they may qualify for tax incentives and could be subject to new insurance reforms applicable to the small group market if they do offer insurance. The additional considerations involved led to the creation of the Checklist and Options information sheets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV