THE COLONY, Texas, April 9, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Kansas City area will soon welcome its first Pie Five Pizza Co. restaurant in a 10-unit franchise agreement with former Applebee's President and Chief Executive Officer Dave Goebel.
Goebel, a seasoned restaurant veteran who served as an executive at Applebee's for seven years, will join forces with his sons Kerry and Kevin to bring Pie Five to the Kansas City area.
"We looked very carefully at several fast-casual pizza concepts before making our decision," Goebel said. "Pie Five already has the franchise infrastructure and support system in place and this is our opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a concept that is rapidly expanding throughout the nation."Goebel was also impressed with the company's industry and franchising experience, strong leadership team and approach to creating custom pizzas with the freshest ingredients, baked to order and ready to enjoy in just five minutes. "Once we met the Pie Five leadership team, we were sold. They bring a wealth of restaurant experience from world-class concepts," Goebel said. "I've been in this industry a long time, and I know a great brand when I see one. And Pie Five is not just great, it's revolutionary." Goebel started in the restaurant industry almost 40 years ago after earning his undergraduate degree from University of Notre Dame and while working on his graduate degree from Ohio State University. He has held high level executive positions at well-known chains, including vice president of operations at Ground Round and chief operating officer and partner at Boston Market. Today he also sits on the Board of Directors for Jack in the Box, Inc. "I fell in love with the restaurant business at an early age," he added. "I love the fast pace and interaction with guests. I also love that the industry is always changing and evolving. Pie Five is a game changer in the fast-casual space."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV