Imagination Technologies Reveals What Really Matters In Mobile Processing At Linley Mobile Conference
SUNNYVALE, Calif., April 9, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Imagination Technologies (LSE:IMG), a leading multimedia, processor, communications and cloud technologies company, announces that several of its experts will be on hand at the Linley Mobile Conference 2013 to discuss key challenges and trends in mobile processing.
Imagination presentations/events include:
- "Architectures and ISAs: What Really Matters in Mobile Processors" – Mark Throndson, director of processor technology marketing for Imagination, will discuss how processor architectures designed from the start for scalability make all the difference when designing CPUs, GPUs and other processors for mobile devices. He will also explain why low-level hardware ISA dependency is a concept that is past its sell-by date, as the industry begins to embrace the heterogeneous processing revolution
- Keynote Panel: "Challenges and Opportunities for Mobile Markets in China" – Imagination's VP of segment marketing, Amit Rohatgi, will join senior executives from MediaTek, Spreadtrum Communications and China Mobile USA Research Center to discuss the challenges and opportunities for mobile products in China and other fast-growing regions
- "Cool Running: Avoiding Thermal Shutdown while still delivering Peak Performance" – Imagination's director of multimedia technology marketing, Peter McGuinness, will explore architectural techniques for power and thermal envelope management in mobile devices, illustrated by real world designs using Imagination's hardware IP and novel approaches such as PowerGearing™ scaling and management in PowerVR Series6 GPUs
- Exhibits: during the evening reception n 17 th April, Imagination will highlight the latest mobile power and performance trends using its range of IP cores, including PowerVR GPUs, MIPS CPUs, and other key technologies for mobile devices
More about the Linley Mobile ConferenceThe Linley Mobile Conference is being held at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Santa Clara, Calif. on 17-18 April. This two-day, single-track conference features technical presentations addressing design issues for mobile devices such as tablet computers, smartphones, navigation devices, media players, handheld games, and e-book readers. Attendees have the opportunity to meet with industry leaders, The Linley Group analysts, network with peers, attend the evening reception on 17th April with sponsor exhibits, demos, and more. For the full agenda and information about registration, visit http://www.linleygroup.com/events/event.php?num=22 . About Imagination Technologies Imagination Technologies - a global leader in multimedia, processor and communication technologies - creates and licenses market-leading processor solutions including graphics, video, vision, CPU & embedded processing, multi-standard communications, cross-platform V.VoIP & VoLTE and cloud connectivity. These silicon and software intellectual property (IP) solutions for systems-on-chip (SoC) are complemented by an extensive portfolio of software, tools and ecosystems. Target markets include mobile phone, connected home consumer, mobile and tablet computing, in-car electronics, networking, telecoms, health, smart energy and connected sensors. Imagination's licensees include many of the world's leading semiconductor manufacturers, network operators and OEM/ODMs. Corporate headquarters are located in the United Kingdom, with sales and R&D offices worldwide. See: www.imgtec.com .
CONTACT: Imagination Technologies' Press Contacts: UK: David Harold firstname.lastname@example.org +44 (0)1923 260 511 USA: Jen Bernier-Santarini email@example.com +1 408-530-5178
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts