MCLEAN, Va., April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Montverde Academy (Fla.)—which ended its season with a 25-2 record and a win over St. Benedict's Prep ( Newark, N.J.) in the National High School Invitational (NHSI) finals—finished No. 1 in the last USA TODAY High School Sports Super 25 national editorial rankings for boys basketball for the 2013 season.
The USA TODAY High School Sports Super 25 rankings appear in today's print edition of USA TODAY Sports and are also available online at http://www.usatodayhss.com/rankings/super-25-boys-basketball-2013.
The USA TODAY High School Sports Super 25 is now in its 30 th year as the most prestigious high school ranking platform in the nation, and it includes computer rankings of every major high school football, baseball, boys and girls basketball, and boys and girls lacrosse team in the nation.
Montverde—No. 2 in last week's Super 25 rankings and a constant throughout the season—dominated the North Bethesda, Md. NHSI tournament, edging out No. 2 St. Benedict's Prep; then-No. 5 Prime Prep Academy (Dallas) in the semifinals; and previously unranked Oak Hill Academy ( Mouth of Wilson, Va.) in the quarterfinals. Prime Prep finishes the season ranked No. 6, while Oak Hill Academy is No. 23.Last week's top-ranked Findlay Prep ( Henderson, Nev) recorded its only loss of the season at NHSI, falling 60-57 to St. Benedict's Prep during the semifinals. Findlay Prep finishes its season as No. 3 and with a 35-1 record. Despite its loss in the finals, St. Benedict's Prep advanced two slots this week, also defeating then-No. 20 La Lumiere (La Porte, Ind.) in the quarterfinals at NHSI. La Lumiere completes its season as the No. 21 team in the Super 25. State 5A champion Lone Peak ( Highland, Utah) fell one spot and State 4A champ Simeon (Chicago) advanced one spot to the Nos. 4 and 5 spots in the season's final Super 25, respectively. No. 7 Huntington (W. Va.), No. 8 Mater Dei ( Santa Ana, Calif.), No. 9 West ( Iowa City, Iowa) and No. 10 Whitney Young (Chicago) complete the top 10. Following is the complete listing of the 2013 USA TODAY High School Sports boys basketball Super 25 rankings, as determined by the editorial staff of USA TODAY High School Sports: USA TODAY High School Sports Final 2013 High School Boys Basketball Super 25
- Montverde (Fla.) Academy (25-2)*
- St. Benedict's Prep, Newark (30-2)*
- Findlay Prep, Henderson, Nev. (35-1)*
- Lone Peak, Highland, Utah (26-1)
- Simeon, Chicago (30-3)
- Prime Prep Academy, Dallas (37-2)*
- Huntington (W.Va.) Prep (30-3)*
- Mater Dei, Santa Ana, Calif. (34-2)
- West, Iowa City (26-0)
- Whitney Young, Chicago (27-4)
- Olympic, Charlotte (30-0)
- Ely, Pompano Beach, Fla. (27-2)
- Irmo, Columbia, S.C. (29-0)
- Germantown, Wis. (28-0)
- Bishop Gorman, Las Vegas (29-3)
- Travis, Richmond, Texas (33-5)
- Edmond (Okla.) Memorial (26-2)
- Christ the King, Queens, N.Y. (28-3)
- Blue Valley Northwest, Overland Park, Kan. (25-0)
- Miller Grove, Lithonia, Ga. (30-3)
- La Lumiere, La Porte, Ind. (26-6)*
- Morgan Park, Chicago (33-3)
- Oak Hill, Mouth of Wilson, Va. (33-6)
- Romulus, Mich. (27-1)
- Roselle (N.J.) Catholic (25-5)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV